The Land of the Super Boring

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

the petty

I am sick of it.

The petty, that is. Maybe I always have been, and so I shouldn't be posting it like it's news or something. But it seems like news. I think I've never had to notice before now. I have always been surrounded with people interested in deeper things.

But life is changing, that's for sure. The people I grew up with are now just that. People I grew up with. Not people I am with. I have less than three months of living with a parent left. And that's a good thing, only because I will soon be living with a husband. But right now, it's strange. Jamie is always working or at school. In fact, it seems to me that everyone is always working or at school. And as for me, I am always sick.

It's not that I don't have plenty to do. Or that I don't see anyone at all. (Although the number of hours that I spend with other people per day is very low.) It's just that...

I don't want to talk about money or careers or fashion or bars or food. I want to talk about the necessary stuff. I am too intense, I know. It scares people. But it's true. I have no patience for this world. That scares even me. It's an early age for me to be saying with Solomon "all is vanity and vexation of spirit."

But that's why I was glad to go to the house of God and hear preaching tonight. Preaching, no less, on the importance of serving the Lord, because out of everything that money can buy or power can obtain, all is vanity, and the only good is for a person to fear God and keep His commandments.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Well, that is my monologue of the day. I needed something to update my blog with, so there it is. A simple, black-and-white view of the world. Sometimes I need color, but right now black-and-white clarity seems good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home