The Land of the Super Boring

Monday, October 06, 2008

because she said so

the title of this post is eerily similar to the title of this really awful movie i saw once or twice. i cant sleep tonight. but i guess that is not unusual. hm, well, what else is there? i had a surprisingly good time hanging out with a buncha guys (and Christina, but she was busy taking pictures/ spending time with Andrew) on Sunday. i guess that is not so surprising, but i was nervous about it...on the other hand i have never had trouble getting along with guys. but i am paying the price now, i have lots of soreness because of CFS. also, the sermon on Sunday was excellent. i am looking forward to next Sunday an unusual amount, which i am definitely taking as a positive thing. kudos to the pastor and much thanks to the Lord for subjects that are usually vastly ignored in our church circles getting proclaimed in a way that was glorifying to God and profitable to His people.

i have this Old Testament class. its making me nuts! i love that i am getting college credit for reading and talking about the Bible, but i also get very very antsy about all these people reading the Bible and not hearing the gospel. there are three people that talk, no four: the professor, the resident Arminian, the resident skeptic, and then me. how unfortunate. i just don't want all us students, particularly the seekers and the weak brethren in Christ and the self-righteous and the everything else that can be wrong with us, to hear the gospel of Arminius or the gospel of skepticism but rather the gospel of Jesus, the only true gospel. i dont know if i am up to that challenge, but it is stimulating at least.

well, i dont have much else to say right now. maybe sometime i will update this when i am not too sleepy to think!

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger ocrismonxclovero said...

ah, thanks for the comment about the photos. I hope you guys like them and I completely understand not liking pictures of yourself. I'm a photographer but I absolutely hate pictures of myself.

I had a lot of fun with you last weekend and I'm glad you had fun on Sunday. I agree about the sermon! I'm so happy I get to virtually hear next week's sermon online :) Kudos to your pastor indeed!

I can completely see how frustrating that class must be. First of all, to be one of the few contributing and then to see the gospel not being appreciated for what it is... well.. at least they're reading it.

Anyways, hope you feel better. See you sometime soon, I'm sure.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger ocrismonxclovero said...

also, that's my grandma from Las Vegas... you'll meet her at some point. and if I went by the "too tall" rule, I'd pretty much have to narrow my search for a man down to a select few. haha

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Ma'am Gallahad said...

Yeah, i really like the class, but it is sad! the resident Arminian was going off and saying all these offensive self-righteous Arminian things to this one poor girl and it made me so sad! then i tried to talk and just got cut off. but oh well. like you said it is better than no Bible at all.

yeah, you are better off sticking to tall men...also Andrew isnt even very tall which is what made me laugh about that

 

Post a Comment

<< Home