The Land of the Super Boring

Monday, December 04, 2006

explanations

Grace is irresistible to us. We cannot stop God from saving us and quickening us.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."
-John 5:25

Salvation is irresistible because God cannot sin or go against Himself, and He plants His Spirit in us.

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
-I John 5

God cannot change His own will or go against it, This is the Trinity working together.

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

-John 5:30

Because God can no more resist His will than we can (He can do whatever He wants; however, He doesn't want to go against His own will. obviously.), and this working of the Trinity, grace is irresistible on God's end as well.

Hence...

"I will devour you
Take all the pain away
I cannot stay My hand
From reaching out so that I can
empower you
For all eternity..."

by the way, thats not my original. its the lyrics to a Disturbed song called "Devour." because it wasnt mine, i didnt want to push my interepretation (with the capital m) on you all, but i also didnt want to deny my own interpretation by leaving them lowercase. so i omitted them.

um theres no internet at the house right now- so as soon as i can i will update with some original poetry cause i feel like a cheapskate since Elsa thought that "devour" was my own work, haha. and maybe a regular post, some day.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger tag said...

Ew. Attempting to attach spiritual meaning to Disturbed is gross and disturbing. Don't be Kanye West.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger itshouldbsummer said...

your picture is also only slightly disturbing... lol

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger tag said...

what? mine?

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Ma'am Gallahad said...

my picture is trogdor so it must be yours...

see i was thinking that we are supposed to think on good and lovely and true things so something spiritual should enter my mind even with secular stuff. i wouldnt be being kanye west- you can talk to david draiman about that.

im not calling disturbed a Christian band people! im just saying that from a Christian perspective you can see something very nice and touching in that song

 

Post a Comment

<< Home